Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fun Pot Holders

I made a whole bunches of pot holders for friends and family over Christmas this year,. I'm planning to make more for Mother's day gifts. I started doing quilt-as-you-go, but when I ran out of time; I switched to a simple diagonal pieced design that went together much quicker. They were a big hit, but I only got pictures of the ones my mom got. So, I'm planning to make more, take more pictures, and post a quick tutorial so everyone can make super quick, super cute potholders. As a bonus, they're a great scrap buster! I adore being able to use every last bit of fabric.

Pretty Spring potholder
 
Back View








As much as I like these, I came across this tutorial at the Moda Bake Shop last night Herringbone hot pads
and I am going to give those a try. I love herringbones. What is it about diagonal lines that is so pleasing???
As usual, the to-do list keeps growing. So much fabric, so little time.

Linking up to SEW-Jo Saturday

1 comment:

My Blog List