Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Pieced Triangles

I got all my triangles pieced together tonight...joy! The layout is very patterned, which I was trying to avoid. I just couldn't come up with a "random" pattern that worked. So, I went with a diagonal thing that looks ok. I don't think this will be my favorite quilt ever, but it will be much prettier than the current mess that sits on my spare bed. The colors are happy and those little birds, I love those little birds. I struggled with whether or not to let some "fly" upside down, but I decided it was fine. My quilt is for home use, not display and I just didn't want to to cut anymore triangles! ha ha. Laziness is truly the best spark of inspiration sometimes.


This triangle quilt thing is quite fun. As I was laying mine out, I saw bigger triangles, hexagons, and diamonds. I'm definitely learning a lot with this QAL and excited to try some more techniques. Check out the Sassy Quilter and the Flickr page to see all the other awesome quilts people are making!


In other excitement from the weekend....new goodies to drool over.....
PillowPop, which I have been coveting forever, new hardware for bag making, and this luscious recipe fabric by Pam Kitty. I adore this print. I don't have a plan for it yet, but it may find it's way into one of those pillows very soon.

Look at these fun blings. Handmade trinkets for my bags, I'm thinking. I was so excited to find these. I know Emmaline Bags sells some metal ones in her shop, and I've been wanting them forever. These are a nice alternative though.



And check out this navy & floral treasure from Joann. I stopped in for a zipper and saw this twill print on sale. I asked for 1.5 yards and there was an extra 7/8th yard on the bolt that I got to have 1/2 off! Who doesn't love a deal. This fabric will be for my mom's mother day bag. I'm thinking of combining it with this fun Thesaurus print and maybe just the teal flowers....not sure on the pattern yet, but I know she's going to love this print. Hey mom, if you're reading this, please email me what kind of bag you'd like...everyday handbag or big, overnighter??? or both :)




5 comments:

  1. Your triangles are looking fine. I'm also having trouble with random :-) Nice addition to your stash as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful triangle rows! One other person did it similar to yours alternating only two colors per row and I really love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies! This design is growing on me the more I look at it. There are some crazy cute arrangements going on in the Flickr group. I'm loving all the creativity.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore your triangle layout, I love the stripes, it is so pretty! Honestly one of my favorites in this quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really??? Thank you so much, it's growing on me more and more.

      Delete

My Blog List