Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Butterfly Sling Purse!!!

While working diligently on the curtains for the camper....I decided I couldn't wait one second more and I had to make February's Bag of the Month. This bag is the Butterfly Sling Purse that was designed by Janelle Mackay of Emmaline Bags. and just in case you're wondering, she is brilliant! Have you seen this bag?? It's a tiny thing, but packed with goodness. I took lots of pictures, because words can't really do it justice. It's so amazing! I don't know how she came up with all these features, double zip pouches, ID holder, patch pocket, credit card slots, adjustable strap. I love it!!! I hadn't installed a turn lock closure before, and I will admit I had a little panic attack when I got to that part. Imagine your bag is 95% complete, and then you read that you need to cut a hole the size of a quarter in the finished closure strap!!?? Yikes! Well, that is the process that creates a turn lock closure. It turned out just fine though, no worries.
Today's lesson: Don't be afraid to try new things, sometimes they end up too cute for words!


Butterfly Sling Purse Front View
One Zip pouch open
Double Zip open


Main Exterior Open

Main Exterior with snaps closed

Turn Lock that caused my panic attack!


So if you like to make bags and you haven't joined the Bag of the Month club yet, what are you waiting for?? April's bag is a messenger bag from Betz White, and my son has already claimed he must have one in a Star Wars pattern, so hopefully that will show up on the blog soon.

Now back to the camper curtains..... After  linking up to Sew-Jo Saturday


5 comments:

  1. Your bag is amazing! I have been working periodically on zipper pouches..just haven't gotten to that point of them being REALLY nice like yours, but with practice, I think I will get there one day! For some reason, mine just don't have that crisp, firm look to them, even tho I use interfacing and batting. I love the double pockets...hopefully I will learn to do that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and keep working on your zippers. I've only been playing with them for a year or so and I only recently would say I'm "comfortable" with them. Like everything, practice makes perfect.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Lots of features and it looks fiddly... still haven't made more than a few very basic bags, but I really should! Yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks great. I'll have to check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag is beautiful! I am in the bag of the month club too but haven't started on ONE yet. I think this one may be the first one I do though. It looks so useful and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List