Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Triangle quilt top

Oh inspiration, thank you for finding me in my sleep! I finished putting my triangle rows together this week, but was totally stumped on what backing to put on this quilt. While sleeping today (third shift, this week, blah!) anyways, I saw the vision in my head! Unfortunately, I need to buy some solid white fabric. My husband thinks I purposefully try to finish things with things I don't have stashed just so I can go fabric shopping. Who would do that???! I really don't do that intentionally, but it does seem to happen a lot....*pondering*

So I have a plan for the back that involves some solid white and those adorable little birds flying in some random hexagons....will probably take longer to figure out spacing and what not on the back than the front, especially since I don't have the Sassy Quilter's helpful directions, but will be worth it! Will share once I have some progress! Here's my quilt top, all happy on the back deck.

Linking to Sew-Jo Saturday



10 comments:

  1. Betsy, Love your triangles what a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when inspiration strikes when I'm in bed or asleep. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering though. :)
    This looks so bright and cheery I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a colorful and fun top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright, colorful top! Good luck with your vision for the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the diagonal stripes these triangles form. Lovely.
    I am totally with you on it. It doesn't matter how much stash I have I always I to go buy new fabric for the back ;). May be its one of our "quilty genes" characteristics ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt just brings a smile to my face! Thank you so much for linking up to SEWjo Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout you picked! The colors are awesome! Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments! I have a super busy week ahead, but I'm hoping to get some quilting started on this quilt, after I make it to the quilt shop, of course :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List