I used some vintage linen/cotton blend that features old tickets and advertisements. It's a very fun print. I combined it with my new favorite, Just My Type, line from Michael Miller fabrics. I like how the red really contrasts and pops against the mild colors from the other print. The pattern is pretty easy to follow....expect for one error that I made. When it came time to flip the bag right side out (so this is at the end of the project)....sigh, my zipper panel was upside down!!! Upside down!?!?!? How did that happen? Well, the pattern uses drawn pictures rather than actual photos of the construction. So, when it came time to put the zipper panel together, I thought the zipper was face down. Turns out, it was supposed to be face up. Fortunately, I could simply undo the panels and flip the zipper, then resew. It was a little awkward to get through the machine, but certainly doable. Just another reason I always prefer actual photos to sketches of drawings in patterns.
My messenger...not sure what I'm going to do with bag, since it's really not "my style" but it looks cute hanging in my sewing room for the moment.
|Front flap, really wish I would have fussy cut this piece, but I never can figure out how things go together until I do it.|