Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pattern Repeats!


There are few things more wonderful than finding a pattern you really love. Too often I love a pattern, but I get so wrapped up in doing the next new thing that I neglect my previously used patterns. This summer however, I have found great use from my neon green poolside toteI've used it so much that I decided I needed another one! 

I found this pretty turquoise linen and plaid at my local Zincks...if you don't have one of these by you...I'm sorry. It's a fabric outlet and it's pretty amazing. Lots of nice blenders and solids...and the occasional discontinued diamond in the rough. I'm not allowed to go there with a credit card...cash only per this guy...

My silly husband popped in while I was working on my Poolside tote and asked if I was making a shirt. Compete with plaid suspenders, classssssyyy! Actually, he tolerates my sewing obsession pretty well and I love him and his silliness tons.

When I got around to finishing the tote, it looked like this- I lined it with Alexander Henry's Wild Cherry, which is one of my all time favorite prints. This tote screams summer and I absolutely love it.

Turq Poolside tote front view
Turq Poolside tote back

Turq Poolside Inside...Wild Cherry!!!
This tote has been hauling towels and bathing suits all over Northern Indiana this year. It's also been to the library, the zoo, and a few garage sales. Can't go wrong with a great big tote. Check out the pattern over at Noodle-head. I love a project that can be started and finished in one day. I see some more poolside totes in my future...Christmas gifts maybe?
Linking up to Anything Goes Monday which is being hosted by Paula of The Sassy Quilter this week! Check out all the goodness for more inspiration. 

4 comments:

  1. A lovely bag and sooooo useful. Did you really make it in just one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great bag! Zinck's sounds like a VERY interesting place to check out. I'm from West MI, so maybe that would be a future possibility! :) Thanks for the tip!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag - I must get around to actually making mine. Love the pic with Hubby being silly - life is more fun with a silly/funny hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List