Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Blanche!!

Hello blogging world...I am still around! I have been sewing and attending to other life necessities...but blogging has taken a backseat to all of that jazz.

What better time to get back into the habit than Purse Palooza 2015 organized by Sara Lawson at Sew Sweetness! Purse Palooza really lit my fire for bag making two years ago and I look forward to it each fall. If you happen to follow me on Instagram you know that I have been sewing a lot. I've been making for gifts and swaps consistently. I decided to slow down on my swaps with the holidays coming up so I can make some great bags to gift this year. I have declared 2015 the Christmas that I actually get all my handmade gifts done on time! A promise I hope to keep.

So, with that said...my first bag is done and it's a beauty. This Blanche bag from Swoon patterns is heading to my mom. I made a Blanche over the summer for an aunt and my mom had commented on how much she liked the shape. I finally found some time and got this pretty sewed up.

This is really a "just because" gift...mostly because it's too pretty to wait around for Christmas. It's a great pattern and the fabric is "Skopelos" designed by Katrina Roccella. She is my favorite designer, hands down...I love her prints so much!

I'm quite happy with this bag overall...I'm still perfecting making my own piping and getting it "smooth" around curves. I'd also like to add some more pockets to the inside of this bag. It has side pockets on the outside which are great, but I'm going to try putting an elasticized divided pocket on the inside of the next one...which will be mine...and may include some of my hoarded wonder woman fabric...stay tuned!

P.S. I think I may have crossed the line between stash builder and fabric hoarder at some point in the last year....hard to tell though, it's a thin line.

Front of bag, super fun plastic handles I found in my stash! They matched so well. 

Inside, pink per my mom's request

Side view 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute (as always)...I love the colors and print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I will make a? Rolex Daytona?examination and we'll take a look at one of the Rolex Watches Online more modest.?The Breitling Watches is a cheap watch pretty simple and what that means is that you can expect a high level of Replica Handbags and easily pass as an original.This is something that should be desired in a Hermes Handbags false criticis.Let's go and start the best replica Rolex Watches Online.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List